Friday 3 January 2014

music memories



Ever been somewhere and a certain song comes on and it takes you straight back to another place?! Amazing isn't it! I love it when this happens, especially songs which are attached to happy memories. I was just painting away with the iPod on, and a certain song came on - Backseat by Atlas Genius. This song takes me back to the summer. For those who have read my blog for a while you will remember 'that journey' from Hanoi-Hue in Vietnam where our bus broke down. We were 3 hours from our destination and on our second break down of the journey. We hadn't eaten for almost 24 hours and ended up spending 3 hours at the side of the road in 35 degree heat before managing to hitch hike on another bus. I was laid in my bed-seat a bit squashed up as the bus was over-filled and rather peckish I must say. We were hot and bothered and spirits dampened. I remember laying there and thinking 'Thank god we are finally on our way'. This song by Atlas Genius was the first song that came on, and I was filled with elation. Elated that we were no longer stranded, elated we were on our way to Hue, elated we were on our way to food! It still fills me with that euphoric feeling- odd that I could feel euphoric in such a bizarre situation?! Another one, is Def Leppard- Pour some sugar on me (and any other Def Leppard/Bon Jovi/Thunder). This takes me back to younger years sitting in the back of mums car, while she blared this out with the windows down and we both sang along. I can still remember all the words to the whole Bon Jovi album 'Crush'. All of these songs mum used to play just transport me immediately back to that care-free feeling when music is playing, you're singing along and there are no troubles in the world. Beautiful . Just in case you haven't had the pleasure- both songs mentioned are linked :)

No comments:

Post a Comment