Wednesday 16 October 2013

Endorphins

Endorphins. Aren't they tremendous little things. Sort of like a natural answer to drugs- well I have never taken said drugs so that's purely a guess! Anyway, what about endorphins? Well, last week I was feeling a little bit lethargic. A mixture of early mornings, (I am not used to that yet) mixed with lots of learning and I think just being inside an office all day makes for one sleepy, tired DDM. So, Tuesday, I thought I would go for a run. I used to go running quite a few times a week, but galavanting around the world disrupted this routine a little;) As soon as I set off, with a soundtrack from Bastille, I just felt a million times better! It was like I had eaten 5 mars bars and 10 bottles of lucozade all at once! Incredible. Not only did I feel much more energised but also so much happier. Not that I wasn't happy before, as I was but this was the endorphins kicking in. I think a few of the kids playing footie in the park thought I had escaped from the local asylum- running madly around the park with a ridiculous grin across my face. Continuing on from my magical run (I would like to point out I only managed a mile or so before black spots were appearing in my vision so I thought, enough endorphins for today, its best to stop now- black spots- not a good sign ha ha!!) I have been walking to and from work every day. This is one of my most favourite things ever. It's not a particularly scenic walk, and sometimes a little chilly, but getting out in the fresh air and not being stuck on a stuffy tube or bus or the likes makes me feel so truly blessed every day. I am very appreciative of the fact that it really is a bit of a luxury to live so close to the office as many have a tiresome commute daily. And sometimes, just sometimes you get to see a beautiful sunrise- like today. It was gloriously orange, and only stayed like that for two or three minutes before the sky went blue - so I was lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment